Sunday, April 19, 2015

C-Ville 5K

Yesterday I did my first 5K of the year - only my second race ever. It was a fundraiser for the school PTAs in our part of the city, so it was definitely for a good cause.

Pre-race picture
Some of my high school friends who also did the race - which happened to start at our old high school!

Some of my friends I've met in the PTA (and I really need sportier sunglasses for races)
Another classmate - who wasn't running the race, but is running for mayor!

I was in slightly better shape for this race than for the first one I did back in November. I've been taking Zumba classes once a week and I've been trying to walk for an hour or so on the weekends (although it's still a new thing since spring has only just sprung.) But I improved from my first race! And one of my friends who races regularly said that this one was a tough course because it was pretty hilly.

Back in November I did the 5K in 47:32, so 41:07 is not too bad!


We did it!!!

My race swag
So what's next? Two fun races that I've heard you can't really time, but are just a blast to do. Then I'll probably look for more serious walk late in the summer or early fall.  I'm not about to become a runner, but I can walk with the best of them!

No comments: