Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Well, Excuse Me!

Some people wake up with a scratchy throat or a deep thirst. Some people wake up with some crust in their eyes. Ryan wakes up with a cough. Nearly every morning he coughs a dry cough until after breakfast. I used to worry about it, but I really think it's just part of his make up and his morning routine,  just like taking his vitamins.

Speaking of vitamins, that's another thing that kind of went out the window during winter break. I give the kids their vitamins at breakfast and since we didn't necessarily sit down to breakfast regularly on break the boys didn't get their vitamins very regularly.  They're still alive, so I guess there were no adverse effects to missing a few days.

Ryan seems to have other ideas though. After a few good coughs on the first morning back to school, I made a comment along of the lines of  "My goodness, that's a lot of coughing."

"Yeah," Ryan answered. "And I think I know why I'm coughing so much."

"Why is that?"

Ryan looked down at his plate, picked up his vitamins and popped them into his mouth. "Because you keep forgetting to give us our vitamins."


No comments: