It's been amazing to have all this time off as a family, but reality is creeping back in.
We started earlier bedtimes last night. We did small group and scout stuff at church today. We've planned menus and grocery shopped and lunches are ready to pack. I'm going to have to dig out hats and gloves and book bags today. I've taken the puzzle table down and we've got one last afternoon fire going in the fireplace.
Our reality is pretty darn good, but this is the first time in ages that I have ended a vacation with my kids when I'm not craving our regular work and school routine. I honestly feel like I could stay home with them even longer. Remind me of that when we get our first snow day of the year, okay?
We started earlier bedtimes last night. We did small group and scout stuff at church today. We've planned menus and grocery shopped and lunches are ready to pack. I'm going to have to dig out hats and gloves and book bags today. I've taken the puzzle table down and we've got one last afternoon fire going in the fireplace.
Our reality is pretty darn good, but this is the first time in ages that I have ended a vacation with my kids when I'm not craving our regular work and school routine. I honestly feel like I could stay home with them even longer. Remind me of that when we get our first snow day of the year, okay?
No comments:
Post a Comment