Thursday, January 01, 2015

New Year's Goals

Happy 2015 everyone!!!

As you may know, I don't really love the whole idea of resolutions because I think it's just too easy to break them and just say "oh well, everyone breaks their New Year's resolutions. That's part of making them."  Instead, I've set 5 goals for myself for the upcoming year. Goals are achievable and require work, sometimes set backs, and more work. Goals don't have to be accomplished by a certain point.

None of my 2015 goals are really life changing, but I think they will bring a happier me and a happier family.

1) Bake more - try a new recipe every week.  This is a win on several levels. It will make my family and coworkers happy since they will have to be my guinea pigs. It will make me happy because baking is one of my stress reducing things.  It will also help with my tendancy to hoard recipes. I'll actually try some of the hundreds I've collected and weed out the ones that aren't my favorites.

2) Craft.  The other thing I tend to hoard are little home projects/craft ideas on Pinterest, but I never do them. This year I'm going to try attempting 2 a month. Nothing major. No quilts or murals or anything like that, but I may do some wreaths, seasonal decorations or small gifts. I can handle that.

3) Walk in three 5K races.  Now let me clear this one up. I am NOT going to start running. I do not run unless someone is chasing me. However, I can walk with the best of them and I know I need to be more active. I did one 5K in 2014 and enjoyed it a lot. I've even picked my three for the year.

4) Add a second Zumba class to my week. I really really love doing Zumba at the recreation center. I'm not trying to lose weight, but I know I need to move more. I have fun doing Zumba and there is another class that fits into my schedule, so I'm adding it.

My 5th goal is the one that is really going to be hard and test me. It's the one I expect to fail at and have to pick myself up and try again. I am a yeller. I yell at my kids way too much. My goal is to yell less. It's not going to be easy because I'm so accustomed to it, but it's got to be worked on.

So there you go - my goals for 2015.  Hope this year brings you happiness and goals to work on!

No comments: