Thursday, January 15, 2015
Dreaming of Toes in the Water
I want to go to the beach. Duane and I went to the beach in California back in June, but I'm craving a real beach vacation. Which, if you are from Ohio, means going to Myrtle Beach. Trust me, they might as well call it South Ohio, there are so many Ohioans there.
We haven't been to the beach for a vacation since Wesley was one. That's eight years ago! Trust me, Ryan feels this is a great injustice. Never mind the fact that Wesley doesn't remember a thing about going to the beach, if the topic comes up, Ryan is completely beside himself that he has never been.
With any luck, that will change this year. We are hoping to hit the sand with Grandma and Grandpa H. for a week this summer. They came over last night to look at some condo rental possibilities and discuss dates which might work for all of us.
This morning the boys busily discussed their packing lists for our (currently hypothetical) trip.
Wesley: Well, if we're going to be gone for more than a day, I'll need to take Carr.
Mom: If we go, we'll be gone for about a week.
Wesley: Then I'll definitely need Carr. Plus about 5 notebooks and two pens and that's it. Oh, and some shorts and sandals.
Ryan: I'll need my Kindle and a whole bunch of books to read and the only clothes I'll need to pack is my bathing suit. You have to take a bathing suit to the beach.
Wesley: Oh yeah, I forgot my bathing suit. I'll take my bathing suit too, but that's it then. All we need.
Is it wrong to admit that a bunch of books, something to cuddle with and a bathing suit pretty much sums up my beach vacation packing list too?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment