Thursday, May 29, 2014

Last Day of School

Today was the last day of school for the boys. I no longer have a Kindergartener! Both my boys will be "up the ramp" with the big kids next year. I thought I'd be more emotional about it, but I've been surprisingly okay. I didn't get nearly as many pictures of Ryan as I wanted today, but he was in a pretty uncooperative mood when it came to pictures, so I decided not to push it. I was much more concerned with him having a good day than getting a bunch of pictures where he looked crabby.



The school dismissed older siblings to gym so they could see their younger sibs graduate Kindergarten. I thought that was such a sweet touch and I know Ryan was excited to have Wesley there.  


This is Ms. C., Ryan's teacher. I adore her. She was the perfect teacher for Ryan and he just loves her. I'm actually a little sad that he won't be with her next year. She was amazing.
 
Each child was asked to say what they want to be when they grow up. Ryan's answer was "a diver."  Apparently this has been his answer at school for several weeks. When I asked him about it later, he said he means the kind of diver who goes in the ocean and looks at animals. Maybe we have a marine biologist or oceanographer on our hands.

Ryan kissed the principal's hand when she handed him his award.

Confetti poppers for the kids

Ryan and part of his Kindergarten crew


This afternoon I returned to school for Wesley's classroom awards (and to sign the kids out a little early).  Wesley and his friend J. both received Academic Achievement awards for their creative writing. The teacher said that when they publish their first book together, she expects to be dedicated to her. I love that she has encouraged their writing so much this year. I know it has made a huge impact on them.

My cheesy boy

Getting his award

Wesley and J.

Wesley and Mrs. N. - another great teacher

J., M., and Wesley


I'm so proud of my boys. I know they have great things ahead of them!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Great post! I got choked up at the picture of Ryan kissing Mrs C's hand.