Friday, May 09, 2014

Fasten Your Seatbelts

Hang on everyone. It's going to be (another) one of those weekends. This entire monthi is just a whirlwind, but weekends are the worst.

Today starts off pretty normal with school and work. After work, I'll stop by the house and help Duane load up my truck with stuff for the school yard sale, then we'll be at the school all evening helping to unload load cars, set up and price items. Then we'll come home for a late dinner I will be too cranky to cook and at least one if my children will be cranky. Then I'll need to make something for the bake sale that will be running with the yard sale and get whatever I make individually wrapped. I also need to get tomorrow's dinner prepped for the crock pot.

Tomorrow it will be up early to help with the yard sale all morning until it's time to head to the boys' afternoon soccer games. After the games, we need to go to a store out by church to pick up the things I want to eat for our Mothers Day afternoon at the zoo. And yes, I know it's supposed to rain, but darn it, I want to go to the zoo! When we finally get home, I need to make a an oversized card for the children's choir director at church for the all the choir kids to sign on Sunday.

Sunday is Mothers Day, which would be great if it actually got to be a day for me and my mom, mother in law and stepmom, but it never works out that way. Breakfast in bed? Not for me since he have to out at church VERY early since the kids sing at the early service. They sing at the second service too and I have to get that card signed by all the kids during Sunday School. And after THAT is a choir party for the kids to celebrate all they've done this year and to wish their director good luck at her new church. Then we'll be able to go to the zoo and have a little picnic (hopefully not in the rain) and, with any luck, have a nice afternoon without the kids fighting. We don't currently have any real plans for the evening, but that will change. It always changes.

And then it's Monday again. A new week full of scouts, soccer, gymnastics, fundraiser nights, and planning for the following weekend, which is every bit as busy as this weekend is going to be. So fasten your seat belts, the rest of the month is going to be a wild and crazy ride.

No comments: