Friday, May 02, 2014

Friday Family Date NIght

I often joke that date night in our house is going to the grocery store on Friday night, most often with the kids. Tonight we decided to "kick it up a notch" and head to the grocery store AND Costco!  We even decided to live high on the hog and eat dinner at Costco.  I knew the kids would be excited about our dinner plans, so I told them about it at breakfast this morning.

"Guys, we're going out to dinner tonight to a very fancy place."

"Where are we going to eat?" Ryan asked.

"Costco," I answered.

"Yes!" cheered Wesley. "I love to eat there! But Mom, I think you might be a little confused. Costco isn't really that fancy."

"It's called sarcasm, child. Learn to speak it."

And really, it wasn't a bad family date night at all.

Ryan chose a piece of pizza bigger than his head

I call this picture "The Angry Bulldog," better known as the face Wesley makes after I take a piece of pepperoni from his pizza. I'm lucky I didn't lose a finger.

No comments: