Last night I finished up a batch of cupcakes for a bake sale on Saturday morning. I tried a new kind of icing for them - mint Oreo icing - and wanted Wesley to give it a little taste and tell me how it was.
Wesley took a small amount of icing on a teaspoon, placed it in his mouth, and because to taste it with all the tongue rolling, lip smacking and discerning looks you would expect on the face of a wine expert. After he finally swallowed the bite, he closed his eyes and took a couple of additional hard swallows before giving his verdict.
"It's perfect," he announced with confidence.
Curious about the seriousness of his taste test I asked, "If it's perfect, why did it take you so long to eat that little bite and give me your decision?"
"Well, sometimes food tastes good when it's on your tongue, but then not so good when you swallow it and it goes down your throat. I had to make sure it tasted good all the way down."
No comments:
Post a Comment