Thursday, January 09, 2014

The Child is Brilliant

I have made no secret of the fact that Ryan is both a picky eater and a junk food fiend. This once again became apparent as we were hunkered down in the subzero temperatures and were trying to decide what to have for breakfast.

Ryan: Let's have donuts.

Mommy: Ryan, we don't have any donuts and I'm not going to bundle up and bundle you guys up just to go get donuts.

*note: if I were a better mom, I would have offered to break out the mini donut maker and get cooking, but I am barely a passable mom during a polar vortex, and certainly not a super mom.

Ryan: Can't we just get them delivered?

Mommy: Sorry buddy, they don't deliver donuts.

Ryan: Maybe they'd just deliver Timbits?

As I broke out the cereal it occurred to me that Ryan has hit on a million dollar idea. Well, maybe not a million dollar idea, but at least an idea that would make the life of junk food junkies, binge eaters, pot-smokers and harried parents much easier. DONUT DELIVERY!!!  Can you imagine the loveliness of this?

I know there are a couple of places that do this, but seriously, why isn't this a wide spread thing? I would totally pay for this important service.

No comments: