Thursday, January 16, 2014

Gymnastics Time

After weeks of anticipation, Ryan started his gymnastics class tonight. I found a boys only class not too far from here and Ryan has been counting down the days until it was time to go. He was even anxious to change into his clothes for the class after dinner.

"Do I have to wear underwear to gymnastics?" he called down the stairs as he was getting changed. Um...yeah. Yeah, you do.

There are only three other boys in his class, and although Ryan is the smallest, they all seem to be in the 5-7 age range. The teacher was incredibly patient with the boys and I really liked the fact that they changed up whatever they were doing every 5 - 10 minutes. Tonight alone Ryan got to try the horse, parallel bars, trampoline, tumbling, climbing rope and more.

Maybe just a little nervous for class to start
 
on the horse
 
Hanging on the bars with the coach

Ready to take a tumble

with a little help

Climbing the rope was Ryan's favorite part. He wants to get all the way to the ceiling!
It may be a little early to call, but I have a feeling this class is going be money well spent.

No comments: