Sunday, February 03, 2013

Long Term Bachelor

Wesley has quite the crush on L. from his class and lately he's been telling us that he is going to marry her.

This will be important information in a few more sentences.

This morning I asked the boys to come upstairs and pick out some clothes for church. I was in the midst of getting ready myself and was starting to worry a bit about time. Wesley started to fuss about having to do this one little thing for himself.

"Why can't you pick out my clothes, Mom?" he asked.

I snapped back, "Because I have to finish getting dressed, do my hair and make up, make all three beds and do your hair and teeth! The least you can do is help me out and pick out your own clothes."

"But I don't know how!" he insisted.

"Wesley!" I barked. "What are you going to do when you and L. get married? Are you going to make her pick out your clothes every day too?"

"No!" answered Wesley. "I'll know how to do it myself by then! That's not for like, 67 more years!"

No comments: