No school for the boys today because of the ice that fell overnight. It's all supposed to melt today and the city isn't shut down or anything but the roads are pretty slick this morning.
Here's the thing about snow days in our house: they throw Wesley completely off his game. Most kids celebrate a snow day, but not Wesley. Wesley immediately started thinking about how he could take all his art supplies to Grandma and Grandpa's. I told him that was fine, but he had to carry it all himself. I even gave him a big plastic shopping bag to use.
Sounds great, right?
Wrong. Wesley got frustrated and mad because not everything would fit in the bag. He started growling in frustration and muttering how much he hated the day. He finally threw his arms up in disgust and yelled, "Fine! I won't take any of it!" I said that was his choice and went downstairs to make breakfast.
Breakfast was the cause of more frustration for Wesley. He didn't know if he wanted to eat at home or at Grandma's. He didn't know what to eat if he ate at home. He didn't know what to eat if he ate at Grandma's. The stress trying to decide brought him to tears.
I am happy to report that he did much better after he ate. He's always been a child that thrives on routine and I think waking up to find his normal routine thrown out the window was just too much for him. Which made it almost too much for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment