Friday, February 08, 2013

Best Brothers

Wesley and Ryan fight a lot like all brothers do, but then there are times like this afternoon when they are each other's best friend that just warm my heart.

Ryan and I picked Wesley up from school this afternoon and Wesley had a small bouncy ball he had gotten as a reward for having good behavior all week. He immediately gave it to Ryan. "You can always have my Friday prizes if you want them," he told his little brother.

I took the boys to get donuts for Friday treat. On the way to the donut shop, Ryan showed Wesley a new book he got today. Wesley helped Ryan read the words he got stuck on and encouraged him through all the pages.

At the donut shop Ryan picked out a donut with sprinkles and Wesley picked out a double chocolate one. When we got home, they sat at the dining room and traded their donuts back and forth, each getting a chance to try the other's treat.

The final bit of brotherly awesomeness came when it was time to choose a program to watch. Ryan had started a new "Sophia the First" earlier today, but got scared when it became clear that one of the main characters was going to get in trouble and turned it off. I told Wesley about it and he said to Ryan, "Come on, Ryan. Let's go sit on the couch and watch that 'Sophia the First.' There's no way you can be scared if I'm next to you!"

So sweet.

No comments: