I woke up this morning in the mood to make pumpkin donuts for breakfast. That sounds a lot more impressive than it actually is. I have a babycakes brand donut maker and it makes baked mini donuts in just a matter of minutes. The hardest part is mixing up the batter, which isn't hard at all. So after being awake for half an hour, there were two dozen mini pumpkin donuts cooling on the stove.
I called the boys into the kitchen and asked them each how many donuts they wanted. Wesley happily took four and put them on his plate. Ryan was a bit more cautious and only took one. They ran into the front room to watch tv and eat their breakfast treat. Wesley dug right in, but for some reason Ryan was suspicious. He poked the donut a couple of times and said, "It feels pretty good."
"That's because it tastes good!" Wesley told him. That was all the encouragement Ryan needed and he gobbled his donut up.
"Can I have three more please?" Ryan asked me.
"Let's start with two more," I told him.
Wesley couldn't resist jumping in. "No Mom. You have to give him three more. Three plus one equals four and I had four donuts. You have to be fair!"
"Wesley, there's no way Ryan is going to eat three more donuts. He's not as big as you," I tried to explain.
"Mom, you have to be fair! Three more is fair!" Wesley insisted.
It was a pretty logical argument. And who can argue with logic? Especially when donuts are involved. So I gave Ryan three more donuts.
He ate one.
So much for fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment