Sunday, February 05, 2012

Wesley's New Alarm Clock


Wesley and Sanders have developed a special relationship in the last year or so. Gone are the days when Sanders merely tolerated Wesley's presence and over enthusiastic toddler/preschooler affections. These days Sanders actually seeks Wesley out for attention. He sleeps on Wesley's bed sometimes and even gives Wesley the occasional kitty kiss.

Since Sanders is diabetic, he requires an insulin shot twice a day, followed by some special high protein cat food. Wesley has been helping to take care of the Sand Man by assisting me when I give Sanders his shot and then Wesley scoops the food into the cat dish. Sanders quickly figured out who the new bringer of the food is.  For the past two mornings Sanders has gone into Wesley's room, jumped on the bed and started meowing at him - LOUDLY - at 7:00

Now you and I both know it's because he's hungry and wants his food, but to Wesley's mind, it's because Wesley understands cat talk.  Hey, if it gets Wesley out of bed without complaint, I don't care what Wesley thinks it is!

2 comments:

Pam said...

wow - in this picture it suddenly struck me how much Wesley looks like you & Ryan looks like his dad!
I enjoy these "not me" posts. It makes me feel good when I do things like miss my exit. :-)

Heather said...

Yep, Wesley is my mini-me!