The other night Wesley and Ryan were playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors."
.JPG) |
| Rock - not THE Rock, but rock all the same |
.JPG) |
| Paper |
.JPG) |
| Scissors |
Okay, so all know how the game is played. Scissors cut paper, paper covers rock and rock smashes scissors, right?
So imagine my surprise when I saw the following "signs" come into play.
.JPG) |
| Know what this is? This is "laser." It cuts rock and paper, but not scissors for some reason. |
.JPG) |
| And this? This is Earth. |
Apparently this is how the game is played at school. I asked Wesley what "Earth" did and he matter-of-factly replied, "Earth destroys everything." As an adult, that statement is sobering and sometimes feels almost too accurate. I'm sure the kids are thinking about the sheer size of a planet, but somehow, I still like the old version better.
No comments:
Post a Comment