Friday, February 10, 2012

He's a Big Boy Now

Things sure have changed around the W. household since Ryan finished potty training. The first big change has to do with getting him dressed in the morning. While I won't lie to you all and say it's a picnic, it has gotten much better. What has made the difference? Big boy superhero underpants. Every morning Ryan gets them all out of his drawer, spreads the out on the bed and very carefully considers which hero should adorn his tushie that day. 

Of course, now that Ryan is a big boy he wants even more big boy privileges. The one he is asking for most frequently is to have a big boy car sear like Wesley's. Trust me, we are ready for that too. Wesley's seat is so easy to take in and out and move from car to car. I think we may make the Ryan switch this weekend (if we remember).

The hardest thing for me about Ryan being big now is that he gets very offended if I call him my baby, or babe, or any form of the b-a-b-y word.  This morning when we arrived at Grandma and Grandpa's I said, "Okay Baby, we're here," without even thinking about it.

No sooner than the words left my mouth, a disgusted little voice came from the backseat. "Mom. I am NOT that thing you said!" 

Beg your pardon sir.  But you'll always be my baby.

No comments: