I may be stretching it a little bit to call the following two short stories "wisdom." Maybe they should be considered more like "Wesley's Words to the Wise." Hmmm....that does have a nice ring to it. So what sage advice was young master Wesley sprouting this morning? Read on, dear friends.
Let's start with Wesley's words to the wise for me this morning. I was making his bed and my dear oldest son was standing a few feet away from me getting dressed. Suddenly he turned to me and said seriously, "Mom, you might want to leave the room."
Here I asked the stupid question I knew I shouldn't ask, but had to anyhow. "Why?"
The response? "Cause there's something I've gotta do and it isn't a burp."
Ewww...thanks for sharing. Or not sharing as the case may be.
Wesley's words to the wise for Ryan were a less disgusting, but no less practical. On the way to school, we drove past what will be Ryan's preschool next year - which was Wesley's school last year.
Wesley told Ryan, "Ryan, when you start preschool you have to be sure to listen to the teachers. And preschool lasts a long time, but they've got snacks."
The secret to preschool success is apparently to listen to your teachers and know there is a light at the end of the tunnel - or at least a snack.
1 comment:
I'm in awe of Wesley! My son would have let one rip and then laughed his head off as I tried to escape. I hope both Ryan & Danny have a great time next year.
Post a Comment