Like many (dare I say most) people in the United States, the W. family watched the Super Bowl on Sunday night. We didn't watch because we are Patriots or Giants fans, but because it's the last pro football game for months. Besides, the commercials and half time show always prove at least a little bit fun.
I will be the first to admit that I was not exactly bouncing off the walls when I learned that Madonna would be the main performer at the half time show. I'm not anti-Madonna, and I'll admit to rocking the lace bow headband in the mid 80's, but part of me thought it was a little sad that the woman who was once considered so controversial and edgy is now considered a safe choice for the televised show.
I'm not going to rate the half time show here, but I will admit that I enjoyed it. Not nearly as much as Wesley did though. He was absolutely glued to the television from the beginning of "Vogue" to the end of "Like a Prayer" I'm talking slack jawed, eyes glazed over, glued to the television.
"Mom, who is that lady?" he asked.
"That's Madonna. She's been a singer for a long time," I answered.
"I have to meet her someday," Wesley said, never taking his eyes off the screen.
It wasn't just Madonna's stage presence that got under Wesley's skin. It was the dancing too. I had to rewind parts of the show several times so Wesley could "watch those guys do their moves." And I'm pretty sure I caught Wesley striking a vogue pose or two of his own. He even dragged his daddy out of the kitchen (where he had escaped half time by doing the dishes) to see what some of the dancers did.
I wish I had thought to take a video of Wesley's complete Madonna adoration and/or his dancing along to the show. It would have made great blackmail material later on.
No comments:
Post a Comment