I love my job. I totally and completely love my job. I love reading books, reading about books, ordering books and getting books into people's hands and hearts. I love my job.
I do not love working on the weekend. Yes, I am aware it comes with the territory of being a public librarian. I mean, hello, when do a lot of people have time to go to the library? On the weekend.
I don't work every weekend. And it's really nice to have Fridays off when I do end up working on Saturday or Saturday and Sunday. However, let's be honest. Working on the weekend gets in the way of life - especially life as a parent and aunt.
Last weekend I missed my nephew's Pine Wood Derby race. The weekend before it was a birthday party (I really like the mom of the birthday boy and would have loved to hang out with her). This weekend it was a Chinese New Celebration that my sis was involved in. At least Duane came home with treats for me from that and Wesley bought me a bracelet while he was there. And Duane goes to all the things I have to miss. I just hate that I have to miss it in the first place.
I suppose I shouldn't complain though. Like I said, I love my job - and that's worth some weekends.
1 comment:
That is one of the reasons it is difficult for me to imagine a job outside the school system - working nights and/or weekends would be very difficult.
I'm glad you enjoy your job so much though! :-)
Post a Comment