Friday, July 29, 2011

Wesley Short Stories

  • Last night we went out to dinner and sat in a corner booth. Wesley was scanning the restaurant when suddenly he stopped looking around casually and started staring.  "What are you looking at?" I asked him.  "That girl in the green dress," he answered, mesmerized. "She's beautiful," he sighed. Then he quickly added, "But I'm still going to marry C."

  • Wesley packed a trick or treat bag with everything he thought he'd need for an overnight at Grandma and Grandpa P.'s.  What were the essentials? A Leapster, some games, a couple of his brother's cars and his bear. He slung the bag over his shoulder and proudly announced, "A Wesley scout is always prepared!"  I'm not really sure what he thought he was prepared for with that stash!

  • Wesley leaned in to give me a big hug and kiss the other day. "I love you, Mom," he said. I told him I loved him too and returned the big hug. I was just about to give him a kiss when he pulled away and said, "Mom, I'm not really interested."

No comments: