Like most people I know, we have a scale in the bathroom. As someone who has struggled with body image for a large portion of my life, I try very hard not to weigh myself too often, only once a week, but the scale sits out all the time.
This morning Ryan took a small plastic car and placed it on the scale. When the dial didn't move he put his hands on the scale and leaned forward, thus adding weight.
"Look Mommy! My car says 5 pounds!"
Then he proceeded to tell me that "Daddy's number is way over here," pointing to one part of the scale. He was pretty accurate with Daddy's number too, which is kind of strange since when Duane does weigh himself it's in the morning when Ryan is asleep.
"What your number, Mommy?" Ryan asked. So even though I was fully dressed and wearing shoes (and I NEVER weigh myself fully dressed and wearing shoes) I stepped on the scale. Ryan watched the dial intently and exclaimed, "Wow Mommy! Look at your number!"
He also showed me where "Wesley's number" is on the scale - also fairly accurate.
I guess he'll always have a future guessing weights at the state fair.

No comments:
Post a Comment