Friday, July 22, 2011

Completely Non-Scientific Personality Analysis

So I've been watching my boys eat today. Yes, today was one of the rare days they both ate. Anyhow, I'm convinced that their food choices tell something about their personalities.

Breakfast: One pancake and one piece of bacon each. Wesley ate all of his bacon and then all of his pancake (dry). Ryan went back and forth between bacon and pancake and dipped his pancake in syrup.

Lunch: To celebrate the end of VBS we went and got pizza for lunch. Wesley got pepperoni (the ONLY kind he'll eat) and Ryan got plain cheese. That may seem like a boring and safe choice for Ryan, but you have to figure in what they drank. Wesley had lemonade because he hates soda. Ryan got Mt. Dew. And yes, I did have a very hyper Ryan this afternoon.

Dessert: We went for some frozen yogurt with Grandma H. The place we went had about a dozen flavors to chose from and it's self serve. Ryan changed his mind about 6 times and ended up with chocolate. Wesley immediately chose vanilla. He ended up with chocolate though. What I find interesting is the next part of the yogurt shop. There is a topping bar and you can choose what ever toppings you want and as much as you want. Ryan chose gummy bears, skittles, lucky charms and mini-marshmallows. Wesley chose nothing. Just plain ol' chocolate yogurt.

Snack: Wesley had regular goldfish crackers. Ryan had hot buffalo wing flavored pretzels.

My food analysis? Wesley is cautious. He knows exactly what he likes and doesn't like to change things up, just in case he the new thing isn't as good as what he already knows. This holds true with the books he chooses, the tv shows he watches and the food he eats. Ryan is my daredevil. Yes, he makes conservative choices sometimes, but he likes to experiment (although often on his own terms).  He takes risks.

So my methods aren't scientific. And I'm the first to admit they are biased, but I do think they are fairly accurate.

No comments: