Where is this summer going? I swear, I feel like summer just got here and I'm already mentally preparing myself to say goodbye to it.
Remember how when we were kids, it took forever for the Fourth of July to arrive? It felt like it would never get here! Now it's already passed, which means it's only a week or two until the state fair, and anyone who has grown up in central Ohio knows that the fair marks the wind down of summer.
We've checked quite a few things off our summer "to do" list, but there is so much more I want to get done. We still need to do a little camping (maybe in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard one night?), go fishing, go to a baseball game and make homemade ice cream. Although Wesley has been in swimming lessons, I've only gone swimming ONCE - which is completely unacceptable. I haven't been to a farmer's market or an art show or anything.
I'm starting to feel a little panicked here.
Will someone please slow the summer down a little bit? I'd really appreciate it.
1 comment:
We have made the ice cream, Jeni's salted Caramel yumm. For us the summer has just started, This is only week two of summer camp for Zack and we have 8 more weeks to go. Breathe and enjoy it, there is plenty of time.
Post a Comment