Friday, July 08, 2011

Big Boy Room

We are preparing to change Ryan's room over to a "big boy room" soon. We've ordered the bed rails to convert the crib/toddler bed into a real, full-sized bed. We have the comforter, sheets, lamps and wall clings. We bought the paint and window treatments tonight.

I'm really excited for him because I don't think the room he's in has ever suited his personality. Ryan inherited Wesley's room (aka the nursery) and it was a lovely sage green with jungle animal accents. Very Wesley - not very Ryan.  Ryan's new room will be a sports theme and he picked out a bright royal blue paint for the walls.

I'm a little sad about it too. That room has been a nursery or baby's room for about 6 years. We've rocked away many an hour in the glider. We've fed the boys more bottles than I'll ever be able to count in that room. It's going to be so strange to see it as a real bedroom. On the other hand, that means no more falling asleep on the floor next to the toddler bed!

No comments: