Thursday, October 16, 2008

Random Post

This is going to be one of those posts that should've actually been three or four individual posts, but who has time for that these days! Duane is holding a screaming Ryan (who has a little cold) while Wesley refuses to eat so I have a few minutes of blogging time to catch up. So, enjoy the following random, unrelated Wesley stories.

...The other day Wesley was telling me something that Grandpa P. said. "Hey Wesley," I told him. "Did you know that Grandpa P. is my daddy? He's your Grandpa, but he's my Daddy." Wesley looked at me skeptically then answered, "Well, Grandpa is my friend!"

...Apparently threats occasionally work. Wesley was a little terror at Aunt Cathy's last week. He screamed at her, threw his lunch on the floor, hit Kei and took toys away from Kei. This week he and I had a long talk about how he was supposed to act at Aunt Cathy's. I explained to him that if he was rotten again (and defined last weeks rotten behavior) he would go straight to his room when he got home and there would be no tv and no computer. Cathy reported that Wesley was a totally different kid this week! What do ya know?

...Wesley had the hiccups this morning and he was NOT happy about it. He kept insisting that I was "hiccing his hiccups." Um...oookkkaaaayyy. Poor guy got so frustrated with them that he started asking me to get rid of his hiccups. When I told him I couldn't he said, "Well, somebody has to!"

...It's no secret that Wesley has some trouble sharing things, but apparently his problem goes beyond toys. He and Grandma H. came to the library today while I was working. Wesley walked into the storytime room, them stomped out again with arms crossed and a big frown on his face. "Humph!" he said. "Those people are on MY letter rug!"

No comments: