Duane and I are always telling people how fortunate we are to have our family around to help us with the kids. However, Grandpa P. might have wished he lived further away yesterday. Wesley and Ryan were, how shall I put this, not exactly angels yesterday. Poor Ryan still doesn't feel well and was battling a fever. He screamed for over an hour straight for poor Grandpa. Wesley must have smelled momentary weakness because he turned into a super beaster. After several phone calls to see if things were going any better, I left work and headed home about two hours early. I wasn't much help though because I got stuck in a traffic jam and it took me nearly an hour to get home. Let me tell you, traffic jams are never fun, but they are less fun when you are trying desperately to get home to a sick baby.
I walked in the door expecting to find chaos, but instead found Grandma and Grandpa P., Duane and Uncle Kirk in the living room playing with the boys. Ryan was a little cranky and promptly fell asleep on his Mommy, but everything else was under control. Duane had come home from work a little early and Uncle Kirk just happened to stop by. We decided the only person missing was Aunt Susan and since she works a stone's throw from our house, we called her to come over after work.
And thus the impromptu family dinner party was born. We are fortunate to have a great family run Italian restaurant a block away from us, so we got carry out for dinner and Duane picked up a bottle of wine. What could have been a miserable rainy night was instantly transformed into a treat.
1 comment:
How nice! Makes me wish our families lived closer...sometimes. :) Hope Ryan is feeling better soon!
Post a Comment