Sunday, October 19, 2008

Absolutely the Sweetest

I know most folks think that Sweetest Day is a Hallmark holiday, and for the most part they are right, but my hubby makes sure that I always have a fantastic Sweetest Day. I had to work yesterday, but when I got in the car there was a 24 karat gold dipped rose, a card and a sticky note telling me to listen to the song loaded on the CD player because it makes Duane think of me. I know, I know, so romantic it could make you sick, right? That's my husband!

We also celebrated Cathy's birthday last night. Aunt Susan worked out a great trade. She distracted me by supplying pita chips and this AMAZING dip, then cuddled Ryan while I was eating. She's devious I tell you! :-) She also took some fantastic pictures that I hope she sends soon. In the meantime, I took a pretty good one of Wesley and Sho.




Aunt Sus and Ryan. Aren't they cute?










Wesley and Sho share a book.




I had to work today too - the first Sunday I've worked in 8 months. And do you know what I learned after 4 hours on the public service desk? That I really love ordering and don't miss my old job a bit. I'll be perfectly happy tomorrow at my desk in my little corner of tech services. I guess a little reminder of how good I have it is needed now and then.

Speaking of how good I have it. Duane is giving Ryan a bath so I could blog for a few minutes. Wesley and his bear went up to "help" so I guess I should go check in.

No comments: