Friday, October 03, 2008

Blah

I wanted to post a cute and chipper entry today, but the truth is, I'm feeling a little blah. That could be because the day just started out on the wrong foot. Wesley and Ryan were both awake before I even got in the shower at 6:30. I thought the morning went pretty smoothly - we made it out the door on time and everything, but then all the things I forgot started to hit me. I forgot to take my vitamin, forgot my medication, forgot to pack a snack for work, forgot to put deodorant on. Oh well, at least I didn't forget either of the kids.

Apparently Wesley missed me today, which is nice to hear sometimes. Grandma H. reported that this afternoon Wesley announced that "Cat misses his mommy." Grandma asked where Cat's mommy was. "At work. At the library," Wesley told her. Awww.

If I'm completely honest, I'm a little bummed out about this weekend. See tomorrow is my 35th birthday. I'm not upset about turning 35 - it's just a number - but I am a little sad that it's just not going to be the day I wanted and I feel guilty about feeling sad. Let me explain.

Sho has his first Cub Scout camping trip this weekend. Now, I was obviously never a Boy Scout, but I do know how important these things are to kids. Grandpa H. was going to go camping with Sho (because c'mon, what boy wants his mom along on a scout trip) but he is having trouble with his blood pressure and can't go. So now, Duane is going camping with Sho. And I WANT him to go. I really do, but I'm bummed out it's on my birthday - which I like to be treated like a national holiday. And that's why I feel guilty. I mean, this is part of the reason I love Duane. He didn't give a second thought to going with Sho. And if anything ever happened to Duane I'd want someone to step up and take one of my boys on a camping trip. So why can't I stop feeling sad about it? Especially knowing that Duane and I are going to go out to dinner and to see Jesus Christ Superstar at Shadowbox on Sunday?

I guess I just feel like I don't have much to look forward to tomorrow. I'm taking Wesley to a storytime with real trucks tomorrow. We'll probably lunch at McDonald's. If I'm feeling celebratory I may stop and buy myself a piece of cake someplace. I could eat it with the frozen dinner I eat by myself tomorrow night. Whoo hoo.

OK. I promise to stop the pity party now. No more whining or feeling sorry for myself. It's just a birthday and we're still going to celebrate, just a day late. And Sho needs Duane more than I do tomorrow.

So anyway, I had a cute video of Ryan to post. He was giggling while I was tickling him, but it's so dark I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to see it if I posted it. Instead, you can enjoy the following pictures of my handsome little boys.



Now that puts a smile on my face!

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

I hope you enjoyed your special birthday storytime! I should have made everyone sing happy birthday to you... :)