I didn't blog about this on the day it happened, because, quite frankly, it make my stomach churn. However, now that some time has passed I can talk about without feeling like I'm going to vomit.
Wesley took a tumble down the steps at Grandma and Grandpa H.'s house the yesterday. According to Grandma, one minute they were walking down the steps together, and the next he was airborne, tumbling head over feet towards the bottom of the steps. I'm so glad I wasn't there because Grandma said she was sure he was going to have a broken bone (or worse, a broken neck.) He was shook up, but OK with only a few bruises to show for it.
When we were on the way home that night, I asked Wesley how he fell down the steps. His answer was, "Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom." This morning, I asked him if he hurt from his fall. He said yes, so I asked him where he hurt. "At the bottom of the stairs," was his reply. Always a comedian.
Speaking of lumps and bumps, Ryan has a little bump on the side of his head. Now, this bump has been there since he was born, but apparently I am the only person who noticed it until a couple of weeks ago. I took advantage of the fact that I had Ryan into the doctor today to have his ears rechecked, and asked Dr. M. about it. At first the doctor was sure it was a node, probably swollen from his ear infection, but when I explained that it has been there since Ryan's birth, the doctor was slightly more concerned. Further poking and prodding ensued and Dr. M. ordered and ultrasound on it. He said that it's either a node or a cyst and that an ultrasound will tell us right away. If it's a cyst he recommends removing it so it doesn't eventually wear down the bone. So, we'll be scheduling that next week.
Oh! And something else we had confirmed at the doctor. Our youngest son is a CHUNK! He has started draining 5 and 6 ounce bottles and is now 13 pounds 10 ounces. That's only 1 ounce shy of putting on a full pound since Oct. 20th!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment