I'm starting to feel a little bit of pressure to get our jack-o-lanterns ready, so the W. family grabbed Aunt Cathy, Sho and Kei and went to the farm to get pumpkins today. Grandma H. and I took Wesley to a fun place last year and I insisted that the whole gang head there today. I'm really glad we did. 

Is this an ornery face or what? You know trouble can't be far behind.
Last year Wesley loved the hay cave. This year we could barely get him to go in it. Of course, last year I was able to crawl around it with him. This year, I had Ryan in the tummy carrier. At least Sho and Kei enjoyed it.
One of my favorite features of this farm is the on-site bakery. I don't think I've ever met a baked good I didn't like! We all got a snack there. Sho obviously enjoyed his turnover.
Kei gave his chocolate donut a sign of approval.
Wesley was too busy inhaling his rainbow sprinkle donut to pose for a picture. Speaking of inhaling food, I have to admit that I made short work of my pumpkin donut. Cathy tried one for the first time too - I'm happy to report she quite enjoyed it.
After snack time we headed over to the barn. It's filled with hay and slides and is always a mad house. As a parent, I hate the place. The kids run wild and throw hay and it's really crowded. But I would have LOVED it as a kid, so we tried to make sure the kids got plenty of play time. Of course, the hay was so deep I could barely walk! I'm surprised no one lost a shoe in there.
Wesley and Daddy in a shoe.
The W. family on the hayride.

Cathy and the boys in the pumpkin patch.
We left a little wind burned, a little chilled, but very happy. Now we just have to find time to carve the darn things!











1 comment:
're gonna have to shaer where this is!
Post a Comment