Thursday, November 08, 2007

My Little Antidepressant

I had a pretty "down" day yesterday. You know, one of those days when it just seems to take too much energy to do anything and nothing really makes you smile. Duane knew I was feeling like this and knew how to perk me up. He brought Wesley to see me at the library after dinner! Even though we were kind of busy, I got to watch my two guys read books together and was even on the receiving end of some hugs and kisses. Wesley was in full "charm" mode and was sure to say hello and goodbye to my co-workers. As we walked back to my desk so Wesley could pick a piece of candy corn from my jar, I told Duane that their visit made me feel so much better. Wesley's response? "I medicine. You feel better." He's got that right. He's the best medicine there is!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Thanks again for the link Heather. I hope today is a great day!

Kate said...

Hey girl-- gimme a call and I'll talk any time. Also Sat I'm only working 12-2 (naptime) in case you want to jam on guitar hero in the evening.