Monday, November 05, 2007

DVD verses TV

We are watching the Dora special on Nickelodeon right now. Poor Wesley just about freaked out when the commercials came on. Noggin doesn't have commercials. DVDs don't have commercials. Commercials are not something a two year old understands! Wesley demanded we put the DVD back on. Good luck explaining that to a two year old. Plus this was the LONGEST commercial break I have ever seen. I understand that they have to get all the toy ads on, but come on. Wesley took all his DVDs off the shelf and spread them out on the floor, trying to find the one that had Dora and the Mermaids on it until the show came back on. Perhaps this is why we only watch Noggin, PBS and DVDs - no commercials!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Ha! Heather, this really made me laugh because Harper does the same thing. The ONLY time we watch anything with commercials is sometimes on Saturday morning. She looks at me in dismay and asks me to put the show back on. The other problem we have is the difference between PBS and a DVD -- she doesn't understand why I can't pause PBS so she can go to the bathroom. I suppose I actually could do that with digital cable, but we're not there yet.

Kate said...

I'm here with you and commercials. Now that we have DVR-- Colin doesn't even like to sit through Moose and Zee. And commercials are doubly dangerous because they remind him of shows like Diego that we no longer tape, and he cannot watch instantaneously.

Chey said...

Well to all of you with toddlers I have to say it might be a while before the tides turn on this one. Zack just turned 7 and though we have gotten past the commercial hating part now he just goes into a trance when they come on I think he likes them more than the shows. And here is something else to look forward too I can not seem to get it through Zack's head that I can not rewind or select specific songs on the radio. I need to get this kid an Ipod and just be done with it.