Friday, November 23, 2007

Elmo Friday

Unlike most of the world, we did not go shopping to celebrate Black Friday. Well, maybe that's not exactly true, Wesley and I did go to the grocery store, but that hardly counts as Christmas shopping.

The big news from today, is that Wesley and I went to see Elmo Live with Grandma and Grandpa P. Wesley did really well considering he has a nasty cough and that he's two. Before the show started we got some snacks (a sno cone, cotton candy and popcorn). I ended up eating the cotton candy. Wesley licked the sno cone and drank a little of the juice from it, but the big hit was the popcorn. He's never had popcorn before, and I wasn't planning on giving him any today, but once he saw it, it's all he wanted. In fact, he got downright vicious if anyone tried to take some popcorn from "his" box.


Thankfully, all thoughts of popcorn disappeared when the show started. Wesley didn't so much as blink through the first act. He was completely enthralled. The second act was a little harder to get through, but he really seemed to like it. He smiled huge during the ABC song and at the end, he was waving and saying bye to his favorite characters. I know he had a good time because as we were walking to the car Wesley said, "Grandpa, I liked this!" YAY!!


We all had dinner together (or at least the adults did, I don't think Wesley ate more than two bites) then Duane and I headed home with the boy for another dose of cough medicine and bedtime. Of course, Wesley was able to con some coloring time out of me. Coloring with Wesley is an interesting experience. Basically, you do all the coloring, and you have to color cats. He wants one of every color and you aren't allowed to repeat a color until all the other ones have been used. I can usually get him to color a little bit before I'll draw, but it's more of art time for Mommy than for Wesley.


He also charmed Mommy into letting him watch a quick Snoopy clip on YouTube. Wesley watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special the other night and fell in love with Snoopy, so every time I'm on the computer he asks to see Snoopy. And really, could you resist this face?

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

We are going to see the Elmo show tomorrow morning in Milwaukee, on our way back to Ohio. I'm glad to hear it was good! My mother misheard the commercial and now Harper copies her and calls it, "When Elmo Throws Up." Oops, I hope not!