Friday, September 29, 2006

What Goes Around Comes Around

You knew it, didn't you? As soon as I said that I was sick, you knew it was only a matter of time before Wesley came down with it. Fine. I admit it. You were right. Wesley woke up screaming at 2:00 this morning. The more troubling aspects were that he was a bright pink color (as if he had fallen asleep in the sun on the beach) and refused to take a bottle. A quick touch to the face and we knew he had a fever. Luckily the little dude actually likes the taste of his medicine so we gave him a dose and plopped him in bed with us.

I don't think the medicine helped right away, but being in our bed did. He was suddenly a happy little camper - diving into the pillows, laughing, taking up the entire bed. He finally settled down though and that lasted until the next screaming fit at 5:00. This one was a little less fun because NOTHING would calm him. At 5:45 I finally went downstairs with him and we watched Noggin on the computer until the channel came on at 6:00. Then we kind of snoozed a little bit (with Daddy's help)

Needless to say, we didn't make it to the zoo today. If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know that we were cursed this spring. Any time we even talked about going to the zoo someone would get sick or it would rain. Guess the curse continues.

Wesley and I spent today mostly hanging around the house. We took a bath with all his bath toys (BIG FUN!), I made chocolate chip cookies, we did some laundry and ran to the ultimate store of wonderfulness -Target! Not too bad a day considering that Wesley's nose is running even faster than he does.

I'm starting to feel pretty sorry for two-thirds of the cats in our house. Wesley loves them so much that he just can't leave them alone. Poor Gus and Sanders get tackled several times a day. At least Sadie is smart enough to run when the boy comes close. Oh well, if the really cared, they'd move. And you can't really fault Sanders, who curled up next to the sickie today and slept with him for two hours. AWWWWWW.

No comments: