Monday, September 25, 2006

Hardly Fair

I've worked three days since getting back from vacation, and guess who had the library crud that was working through the department last week - ME! My throat is so sore I can barely talk. I've been chugging sore throat medicine like it's kool-aid and I still feel less than wonderful. Of course, being home all day with Wesley when I can barely talk had it's own challenges. I had to whisper everything to him. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie sounds very interesting when read in a voice no louder than a mouse's. Overall, he was pretty good today and I even got a couple of naps in. We'll find out later if that was enough.

On the plus side, being home sick today allowed me to watch Wesley play peek-a-boo with our cat Gus. Gus was sitting in the dining room window behind the sheers. Wesley would pull the sheers away, see Gus and laugh. Repeat this for about 15 minutes and being sick is almost worth it.

No comments: