Wesley spent last evening practicing the fine art of walking up and down a slanted surface - the hill in Grandma and Grandpa H.'s yard. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a very long time. I was sitting a little ways (a few feet) up the hill and Wesley was with Duane towards the bottom. Wesley would struggle to toddle up to me, then turn and stumble down to Duane. Duane and I slowly got further and further apart and I ended up at the bottom of the hill. Wesley would come flying down the hill and into my arms. I'd tip over then and roll in the grass with him. Then he'd toddle up to Duane and repeat the whole process.
I think it was best when Wesley was starting to get tired. After about 20 minutes he looked like someone had spiked his milk. It took him longer and longer to get to the top of the hill and would end up on his tushie repeatedly. He loved it though. He cried when we took him inside. Guess Grandma will have an easy way to keep the boy entertained today.
The rest of the weekend was spent eating way too much and getting ready for our trip. Wesley had a couple uncharacteristic meltdowns, but a lot is changing for him and we were off schedule so I guess that's to be expected.
No comments:
Post a Comment