Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Back to Reality

Oh yeah, the vacation is over. I was supposed to go into work at 1:00 today. At 8:15 the phone rang. It was one of my LAs calling in sick. She had a program to do this morning, so I called the other librarian who was scheduled to work today to see if she could cover the program. PROBLEM! She was sick too! The Youth Services Manager was already covering a program at the other library which meant there was literally no one to do the 10:00 program at my building. EEK!!!!

I frantically called my mom and begged her to come down and get Wesley. In the meantime I threw a frozen waffle in the toaster for Wesley, tore it up and tore up some banana, tossed it on a paper plate and plopped Wesley down in front of the TV while I got ready. I skipped the shower thing (my apologies to my coworkers) but managed to make it to the building by 9:35. Laela had already prepped the program for me which helped SO MUCH!!!

On the up side, the building manager let me work 10 - 6 instead of coming back for my 1-9 shift. That allowed me to have Duane's birthday dinner with him. I wish I could go back to the beach!!

No comments: