Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Perfect Day


What a completely beautiful day! It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but today is picture perfect! The temperature has been just right to lay on the beach and read. I watched Duane and Grandpa H. work on their sandcastle (Grandpa makes one each year.) This year's is shaping up pretty well.

We drove up to Calabash for dinner. Duane walked Wesley on the dock for a little bit while we waited for our table. Wesley was a piggy pig at dinner. He ate a ton of hush puppies and chicken fingers. We couldn't tear the food up fast enough for him. A couple at another table thought it was the cutest thing. They said he reminded them of a little bird. Being the Ladies Man he his, Wesley tried to follow a good looking woman out of the restaurant once we took him out of his high chair.

After dinner we went over to this incredible Christmas store that I love. There I was holding Wesley and looking at all the beautiful ornaments, when I saw someone who works at the library with me! Quite strange! I didn't even know she was going to be on vacation at the same time, let alone near the same place. Guess the pull of the beach is just too much after Summer Reading Club.

No comments: