
Can I just say that Wesley did a GREAT job on the first leg of our trip! We bought him a little remote control thing that you hang on the back on the passengers seat and he can use a steering wheel to make it light up, play songs, etc. It took him no time at all to figure it out. He "drove" us both nuts by playing Old McDonald over and over until he fell asleep, but it kept him busy.
Wesley had a huge lunch at Wendy's. He's trying out shaking his head for "no", but he doesn't really associate the action with the word. He shook his head when I asked if he wanted a bite, but opened his mouth super wide when I said "ice cream." He'll figure it out way too soon anyhow.
The boy did have a MAJOR meltdown in the car around 5:00. Considering we left at 10:30, I was really surprised we made it that long. We weren't too awfully far from Mt. Airy, NC (where we stayed), but I knew his crying would drive Duane and I nuts before we arrived. So I did what any parent in the passenger seat would do. I put aside all thoughts of the car sickness I get in the backseat and climbed into the back while Duane was doing 75 through some winding roads. It didn't help me, but Wesley calmed considerably.

We ate dinner at a truck stop next to our hotel. Well, all of the adults ate dinner, Wesley picked at his food and wanted to run all over the restaurant. I couldn't really blame him since he'd been trapped in his car seat for almost the entire day. Luckily there's a field next to the hotel and Wesley could run until his little heart was content. We'll see how he sleeps in his pack and play when Duane and I are in the same room and trying to watch the OSU/Texas game. I'm betting there won't be a lot of sleep going on!
No comments:
Post a Comment