I knew Wesley was going to like the beach. He got up pretty early, so Grandma, Wesley and myself went out for a morning stroll on the sand. You know, I was fairly underimpressed that Grandma wanted to take the jogging stroller, but it was perfect for walking on the beach. Wesley just looked around and took it all in. What I really loved was that he would look at the water and smile. I'm telling you, it makes the long drive to get here totally worth it!We hit the beach for real a bit later in the morning. Wesley was a tad bit wary at first, but it didn't last. He absolutely loved digging in the sand and I liked
watching him try to walk in it.
He'd take a couple steps, fall down, get up and repeat the process. He did really well with the water too. Duane and I just held him so his feet got wet. Of course, Wesley did sit down and get knocked over by a wave,but he only did it once and there was no harm done, so we'll just call it a learning experience.Wesley had his very first grilled cheese sandwich tonight at dinner. Talk about a tasty treat! He
ate a ton of it! Top that off with window shopping at a toy store and some ice cream from Maggie Moos and you have pretty good day for a toddler. Even a scraped knee couldn't quite dampen Wesley's spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment