Thursday, May 04, 2006

How to Keep a Baby Busy


The other day I needed to keep Wesley occupied for a few minutes while I packed his diaper bag and my dinner. It was almost time for his mid-morning bottle, so I figured a little food would keep him busy. I cut a strawberry into little tiny pieces and put it into a shallow bowl for him. This was a double treat because although Wesley has had strawberry applesauce before, he has never had a real strawberry. He's also never had his own bowl to get food out of. At first he was pretty enthralled with the bowl - I mean, how cool is that!? He patted it and turned it over. But once he discovered the strawberry pieces he was hooked. Everytime he got a piece into his mouth he'd say "mmmm." At one point he even stuck his face in the bowl to get the food. I tried so hard to get a picture of him looking up, but he didn't want to take his eyes off the prize.

No comments: