
I was originally supposed to work today, but one of my co-workers asked to trade a weekend with her, so I ended up with this weekend off. I was really happy when she wanted to trade because today is our two year wedding anniversary. I ordered Duane's present several weeks ago and even though it wasn't anything big, I was pretty excited about it. We went to a gorgeous place called Mohonk Mountain House for our honeymoon. Everyday at 4:00 they serve tea and cookies. We'd collect our refreshement and go sit outside on a couple rocking chairs overlooking the lake. It was wonderful! Duane really liked the tea and brought a box home with him, but it didn't last too long. I called Mohonk and had them ship a couple boxes of tea for his gift. Sweet, kind of romantic, didn't break the bank. I thought I did OK. Duane totally outdid me.
My wonderful husband remembered how much I loved just walking around Target on Valentine's Day. He went and got me small gift cards from a TON of places Target, Barnes and Noble, Old Navy, Starbucks, Mozarts, Bath and Body Works, Rag-o-Rama, World Market, and enough for us to go to dinner at Eddie George's restaurant. Duane's oh-so-evil plan is for us to make an entire day of shopping around while Grandma H. watches Wesley (she volunteered) We're not sure when the big day will be, but I am so looking forward to it! I'm telling you, that man is amazing!
I'd better go. We're going out to dinner at the restaurant where we had our first date. Did I mention I love my husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment