Tuesday, May 09, 2006

City Boy

Tonight after dinner I took Wesley into the yard for a few minutes. It was just so pretty out and Duane mowed the grass this afternoon and it smelled so sweet. My feet were just itching to be in it, so I scooped up the boy and out we went. I think I enjoyed it much more than he did. Wesley was fine while he was just sitting in the grass, but the boy is mobile and he wanted to go. The problem? He HATED the feel of grass on his hands. He'd put his hand out to crawl, then snatch it back as soon as it touched the grass. Over and over - reach, pull back, reach, pull back. I couldn't help but laugh at him. Of course, that just made him laugh along and clap. He really wanted to chase the birds too, but that required touching the grass. Oh the trauma!

No comments: