Sunday, April 10, 2016

Schoolhouse Rock Live

We arranged a little surprise today for the kids. Ryan hates surprises, but if we tell them when we gave something planned, one wants to do it and the other one doesn't and everyone ends up miserable. If we keep it a surprise, no one can get upset about it beforehand.

Today's outing was a family trip to Shadowbox Live to see Schoolhouse Rock Live and have lunch at the theater. I think it went really well! The kids were well behaved, we all ate like pigs and the show was so much fun. I wish I could have gotten pictures of the grin Wesley sported during the performance, but - no flash photos.




Root beer floats are serious business
We've spent the rest of the day just relaxing. Duane and I have been reading. The boys have been playing on their devices. It's so rare that we have a day to just spend together as the four of us without a million things to do and places we have to be. We might actually be recharged and ready to face the week ahead.

No comments: