Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Crazy Spring Schedule

It's that time of year again - the time when our calendar fills up faster than a cheetah chasing its dinner. If I seem a little distant or out of touch, it's mostly because I barely have time to breathe these days. In fact, I spent all day yesterday feeling absolutely worried sick because I was certain I had neglected to do something that I was supposed to and it was going to sneak up and bite me on the butt.

Why am I so crazy confused? Well, this is our "normal" schedule right now:

Monday: Cub Scouts (each boy goes to a different den meeting and Duane is an assistant leader for one den)

Tuesday: Drum lessons for Ryan

Wednesday: Soccer practice for Wesley

Thursday: Soccer practice for Ryan

Friday: Ukulele lessons for Wesley

Saturday: two soccer games

Sunday: church/Sunday school (which may or may not include small group, acolyte duty or teaching)

That's just the basics. It doesn't include birthday parties, races, fun events with friends, girls nights out, guys nights out, PTA, church trustee meetings or anything like that. PLUS Ryan asked to play baseball this summer and practices for that will start in May.

Yes, it's crazy right now. But it's only crazy for a month. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Since last night was scout night (and a pack meeting), I do have a few highlights to share.  Ryan's den led the flag ceremony.


 They also achieved their Wolf rank. VERY impressive, indeed!

Wesley's den had an art exposition for everyone to enjoy. Here's a self portrait that Wesley did.

Then they used different types of color and shading to show a progression with their portrait.


Plus both boys got 3-4 different achievements.  We might get a hang of this scout thing after all!

No comments: