Ryan started drum lessons tonight. I'll be honest, I am very torn about this development. On the one hand, I have been hoping he would pick an instrument since Wesley began ukulele lessons more than a year ago. On the other hand, he chose the drum. Once he chose, however, he couldn't wait for his first lesson.
How excited was he? Well, on the way to school this morning he said, "Mom, after I have a couple of weeks of drum lessons, we'll probably need to get me a full drum set."
He didn't even pout too much when I explained that a drum set is pretty expensive and he'd have to take lessons for more than a couple of weeks before we spent money on one.
While he got to mess around with the full set a little, practice was mostly on the snare drum and he'll use a practice pad at home (thank goodness!) Even the fact that he'll be using a pad at home didn't seem to bother him and he ripped into the box as soon as we got home.
Wesley and his friend, J, are already planning on composing a piece for the ukulele (Wesley), cello (J) and drums so Ryan can play with them. I can almost hear it now (cringe).
No comments:
Post a Comment