Monday, April 04, 2016

How Can I Be Emotional About a Chair?

We are finally getting our new furniture this week. We purchased it several weeks ago, but picked it out more than a year ago. The delivery date is set and it's going to look amazing!


I'm really excited to be getting it, and I'm not going to miss the sofa we have in our front room one little bit, but I'm having a hard time letting go of our chair.


Okay, so it's not the most stylish of chairs anymore, and it's definitely been put through it's paces as the picture below show

Kitty claw marks

Random cuts

Missing buttons
But I LOVE this chair. My parents bought it when I was Wesley and Ryan's age! I spent Christmases as a child in this chair. I read thousands of pages in this chair. I'm sure I logged many hours worth of teenage conversations in this chair.

I don't want to let the chair go!

I may have even asked Duane if we could put the chair in the basement for awhile. Never mind that our basement isn't finished and it's getting too crowded and I almost never go down there. The chair would be there if I needed it.

I need help, don't I?

No comments: