Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Not Really Bragging Rights

I think Ryan is having a tougher time adjusting to the move and our temporary living arrangements than we thought he would have. He doesn't say anything about it, but in addition to the meltdown at preschool yesterday, he's having quite a few bathroom accidents. The other night he wet the bed for the first time in ages, and we didn't have a waterproof sheet on the bed he's using.

We took a family trip to Target to pick up a waterproof sheet and a few other odds and ends. By the way, Target is just down the street now and I LOVE that! Anyhow, we found the sheet we needed and Ryan not only insisted on carrying it through the store, he proudly told any attractive woman he saw that he was getting a waterproof sheet and would hold it up to show them.

"Um, Ryan, that's not really something you want to brag about," I told him. He didn't care.

Fast forward to check out. Duane is paying the cashier, Wesley is getting cranky and Ryan is in a very good mood.

"Ryan, you behaved pretty well tonight, so you can have electronics back tomorrow," I said.

Wesley immediately went into cranky big brother mode. "Why does Ryan get something and I don't?" he demanded.

I sighed. "Ryan isn't getting anything, he just earned his electronics back tomorrow."

"But that's not fair," Wesley insisted.

"Wesley, you didn't lose electronics so I can't give them back to you."

Wesley pouted for a few minutes more then whined, "How come Ryan always gets everything and I never get anything?"

I spun around and demanded, "Wesley that is not true and you know it. Name one thing Ryan got and you didn't"

Wesley barely had time to think before Ryan piped up, "A waterproof sheet!"


No comments: